The SCOPE method provides a practical framework for organisations seeking to implement meaningful and responsible evaluation of research. The session will present the method with a practical example of application. SCOPE goes beyond principles of responsible evaluation and provides a five-step process to implement an evaluation process.
- What is contained within the SCOPE method?
- How has SCOPE been implemented in different settings?
- What benefits did it bring to the university and its community?
- What were the main obstacles to implementing it?
- What changes have been proposed to evaluation, as a result of using SCOPE?
Aline Pacifico (HIAE), Elizabeth Gadd (Loughborough University), Aluisio Augusto Cotrim Segurado (EGIDA/USP), Renato Pedrosa (Unicamp).
(*) This session was presented through a partnership between the International Network of Research Management Societies (INORMS), Research Evaluation Working Group (REWG). and Associação Brasileira de Gestores de Pesquisa (ABRAMA).