Public policy research project
Rethinking the university means defending its values, reinforcing its commitment to quality teaching, research and outreach, while at the same time reinvigorating its ties with a society in rapid transformation. These are activities that require both a return to the past, to review and correct, as well as looking to the future to innovative thinking – something that today is done with resignation. The Metricas.edu Project therefore looks to the future based on dimensions of openness and transparency.
V Metricas Forum
The Fórum Métricas is an initiative to create dialogue about academic performance in Higher Education between universities, funding agencies, governments, NGOs and society. The fourth edition was focused on increasing dialogue between higher education and the general public.
- QS Subject 2022The QS Subject analyzes participating institutions in 51 areas of knowledge, divided […]
- Global Employer University Ranking Survey (GEURS) 2022The GEURS ranking is now in its 11th edition. It is composed of a global survey of employers to ask not only who they regard as the best institutions to employ graduates from, but the skills and dimensions that they value when looking for new hires. This makes the survey more detailed than the similarly structured QS Employability Ranking.
- Times Higher Education Young Universities 2022The Times Higher Education Young Universities counts universities that are 50 years old or younger, meaning that in the state of São Paulo the only public universities eligible for inclusion are Unesp (for another four years) and UFABC.
- QS 2022 World University RankingThe QS World University Rankings aims to guide students and their families […]
March to October 2021.
Blended learning – 40 hours
- Responsible Research Assessment in Brazilian contextEvaluation of research results and researchers is in constant evolution. In a survey conducted together with the community of signatories of the San Francisco Declaration, we asked a group of academics engaged in evaluation processes in their institutions about the processes […]
- The Magna Charta Universitatum 2020The Magna Charta Universitatum was originally signed by 366 universities in 1988 on the 900th anniversary of the founding of the University of Bologna. The MCU is upheld by a non-profit observatory that ensures adherence to the agreement. The original 1988 […]
- Embrapa Social impact report 2020Embrapa released its 2020 Social Report. Its content offers key input and result statistics. Such metrics allow an estimation of the social impact of Embrapa’s research and extension. Impacts such as the number of jobs generated and the return on investment. […]
- SCOPE Method for responsible research evaluationThis session was presented through a partnership between the International Network of Research Management Societies (INORMS), Research Evaluation Working Group (REWG). and Associação Brasileira de Gestores de Pesquisa (ABRAMA).
- Pathways for greater social engagement of universitiesProfessor John Aubrey Douglass from the University of California at Berkeley presents his thoughts on how the public university can improve their relationships with different segments of society. Comments by Prof. Elizabeth Balbachevsky, from the FFLCH/USP
University rankings are initiatives that compare, classify and position higher education institutions. This project aims to study and critically analyse the indicators of institutional and academic performance used in these national and international comparisons. Furthermore, this project discusses the governance related to following the academic and social impact of the public universities in the state of São Paulo. This project is financed by the Public Policy Research Program of FAPESP.
- Times Higher Education Young Universities 2020THE defines a young university as one established less than 50 years previously.
- Universities in the construction of a new eraJacques Marcovitch, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil THE Latam, July 7th, 2020 from 10:05 to 10h35 Good morning, I would like to thank Times Higher Education for providing such a unique opportunity to discuss the theme Universities for the public good: reasserting the value of higher education post-pandemic. At such an […]
- The Crises of 2020 and international comparison indicatorsAs an epoch changing rupture event in human society, we can expect that almost all areas of the science system will be in some way affected by covid-19. These disruptions will lead to new challenges, new solutions to some challenges and newly impoverished actors who suddenly find themselves severely tested by the new environment.
- How good are Brazilian universities?How is Brazilian research performing? Public universities are complex institutions that fulfil a huge variety of functions and roles within society. They have differing missions, levels of output and attending a variety of different sectors of society. The universities who feature in international rankings are research-intensive – they are dedicated […]
- Benchmark of communications approaches to coronavirus with international peersIn times of crisis, the public need to know that universities are at the vanguard of the fight against the global pandemic. They are not, as the minister of education claimed, closed. In fact, the state universities’ positioning has been commendable, pointing out that the universities will continue to function, […]
- Nature index Young Universities 2019The Nature index’s source is based only on the number of articles published in Nature titles. The index does not contain citations, and only covers the publisher’s own journals. It is therefore neither a measure of impact, nor of productivity, but of a university’s ability to produce articles in one highly reputable source.